Many amazing people were involved in my progress from a 5-year-old girl who rhymed "stars" with "Mars" to the 68-year-old author of a published novel.
SPACEHIVE for eBook is available worldwide for 99 cents from May 3 – 10 inclusive on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/c8mw4lc .
· I give credit for my recent publishing success to Imajin Books and Cheryl Tardif in particular, that quintessential writer's editor, publisher and mentor. Cheryl took me under her pinions and taught me to hone the technicalities of creating an engaging novel.
· My writing career probably began for sure from 1971-1975, the years I spent at the University of Alberta under some truly astonishing professors.
· Although I've only recently been published during the past three years, I've spent my life writing. Writing is my passion. As a child, my only ambition was to be a "journalist" although I wasn’t sure what that meant. Poetry was my first love.
· My parents instilled in me a work ethic and determination to succeed despite all odds. I say this because in 1978 I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after first displaying symptoms in 1975, my graduating year from the University of Alberta. I've battled abuse, alcohol dependence, mental illness including delusions, obsessions and compulsions over a period of almost 40 years.
· My education and experience taught me to think and to feel and to never give up.
In both eBook and trade paperback formats, SPACEHIVE will appeal to science fiction/fantasy readers of all ages, with a special nod to middle readers/young adults who like Pixar-like action and, more especially, the appeal of adventure and youth.
It was released in eBook on August 10, 2012 and in trade paperback on September 1, 2012. It was fun to write.
Hope you enjoy SPACEHIVE. http://tinyurl.com/c8mw4lc